New Ways To Transform That DSLR Camera Into A Webcam. If your computer does not come with a built-in webcam or an external one or you just feel like getting more out of your digital camera, there is a way you can use one stone to kill two birds. Yes, you can use a digital camera as a webcam. Unfortunately, not just any camera can be used for this purpose. Some don’t just provide the software needed.
Thankfully, Canon DSLR or Nikon DSLR camera has a software called SparkoCam. SparkoCam is in charge of transforming your Nikon or Canon Camera into a steady webcam to be used for conferencing, recordings, video chats and so on. Straight to how you can go about it, Here is How to Use DSLR Camera as a Webcam:
1. Download the installation package of the software and run SparkoCamSetup.exe. Ensure you adhere to all installation steps carefully until the setup is finished.
2. Use USB Cable To Connect Camera To Computer
3. Turn On The Camera
4. Launch SparkoCam
5. Select SparkoCam Virtual Webcam As A Source Web Camera
This can be done in your chat application. Here, you are required to configure your target application to use SparkoCam as a video source. To make it clearer, to configure an app like Skype you are required to open options dialog and select SparkoCam Virtual Webcam in Select webcam list.
New Ways To Transform That DSLR Camera Into A Webcam
In this tutorial you will learn how to use Canon DSLR or Nikon DSLR camera as a regular webcam with the help of SparkoCam. SparkoCam is the software that allows you to turn your Canon or Nikon camera into a standard webcam for video chats, conferencing, recordings, etc.
- Download and install SparkoCamDownload installation package and run SparkoCamSetup.exe.
Follow all installation steps carefully until the setup is complete.
- Connect camera to PC using USB cableFirst thing you need to do is to plug-in your camera’s USB cable into computer.
- Turn camera onOnce camera gets recognized by Windows you may see a notification in a system tray or a popup window about newly available device like the one below.
If you don’t see such window – don’t worry, it isn’t mandatory, so just follow next steps.
Also, if you installed software that comes on a CD that is shipped with the camera, you may get EOS Utility started up. SparkoCam doesn’t require EOS Utility to function properly, so just close it and go to next steps.
- Launch SparkoCam
Go to Device tab and select Canon Camera checkbox to transform your Canon camera into webcam or Nikon Camera in case you have a Nikon DSLR camera.
If you have only one camera connected to the PC, SparkoCam will automatically pick it up, otherwise select required camera from the Camera list.
- Choose SparkoCam Virtual Webcam as a source web camera in your chat applicationAt this step you need to configure your target application to use SparkoCam as a video source.
For example, to configure Skype you need to open Options dialog and select SparkoCam Virtual Webcam in Select webcam list.
Do not forget that because Canon and Nikon cameras do not give functionality for using their own microphone for your audio use, trying to utilize for sound might be complicated. Thus, get an external microphone for any of your voice needs.