How to apply for KU Leuven’s PhD Fellowship In Intellectual History of Architectural Theory in Belgium, 2019. The Ke Leuven University is inviting applications for PhD Scholarship 2019 to study in Belgium. Follow the below instructions and guideline to apply for the scholarship.
The PhD-fellow will work in the research context of the research group ARP (Architectural Cultures of the Recent Past) at KU Leuven’s Department of Architecture and the Centre for Metaphysics and the Philosophy of Culture at KU Leuven’s Institute of Philosophy.
KU Leuven’s PhD Fellowship In Intellectual History of Architectural Theory
The fellowship for which funding is available aims to develop an analysis of how the post-war world engaged with the notion of space. The PhD-fellow will focus on the role of émigré intellectuals and architects importing ideas into the post-war American educational context. The following paths of analysis stand central: (I) the initiation and adaptation of concepts of space in varied didactic contexts (architectural laboratories, classrooms, lectures); (II) the interaction between different artistic media (architecture, cinema, painting, installations).
- Application Deadline: October 31, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD Degree program.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study in Architecture.
- Scholarship Award: Ke Leuven offers a fulltime (100%) PhD scholarship for 1 year (extendable up to 4 years in total after a positive evaluation).
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Nationality: The scholarship is available for Belgium citizens.
- Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: The scholarship is available for Belgium citizens.
- Entrance Requirements: We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
- The motivation to pursue creative work in the history of spatial aesthetics and architectural theory.
- An explicit interest in developing the following research question: how and why was the concept of space set in motion, shaped and modified in the period 1945-1980, the confusing ‘interregnum’ between modernism and postmodernism?
- A Master (or equivalent) in Architecture, Philosophy, Art History, Intellectual History or Cultural History and academic distinction. Experience with archival research is a plus.
- The ability to present research results at international conferences and to publish in peer-reviewed journals.
- The ability to play an active, collaborative role in the research group Architectural Cultures of the Recent Past, ARP (including its seminars and conferences).
- An excellent command of English, proficiency in French and/or German, a willingness to learn Dutch is a plus.
How to Apply:
Enthusiastic and cooperative persons meeting the criteria are kindly invited to apply online. Include a motivation letter, a CV, the names of two referees whom we might approach prior to appointment, and a sample piece of writing not exceeding 12.000 words (e.g. an MA thesis chapter).
The deadline for KU Leuven’s PhD Fellowship In Intellectual History of Architectural Theory applications is October 31. We will hold interviews with a number of selected candidates soon thereafter. In preparation of the interview, these candidates will be given a short research assignment to assess their research skills. The target start date is January 1, 2019.
Stay safe and keep informed! We believe you have benefited this feed, if yes, please use our share button below to inform your friends and relatives. Feel free to drop your question in the comment box, as we respond to you shortly.