Apply for Korea University Global KU Study Abroad Scholarship 2019 | Eligibility. The Scholarship targets to support future global leaders around the world to pursue their academic dreams in Korea University and have an exciting experience in Korea. The Global KU Scholarship is available only for students Exchange Program (SEP) and Visiting Student Program (VSP).
Korea University is ranked 4th in the country, under Hanyang University Seoul campus as third; Sungkyunkwan University as second and Seoul National University as first.
Korea University Global KU Study Abroad Scholarship, 2019
The KU Merit Scholarship is offered strictly based academic merit of the first semester at the university. KU Students that have an extension of duration in their study at the University from one semester to two semesters are considered eligible to apply for the Merit Scholarship at the time approval on the extension.
Korea University Global KU Study Abroad Scholarships are categorically designed to do a review on long term international leaders and on any topic presented by the university.
KU Study Abroad Scholarships is hosted by Korea University, in the republic of Korea
The Scholarship has benefit which is awarded to successful applicants and that amounts to about KRW 400,000 per month for the first semester (4 months).
The numbers of scholarships are not given.
For the SEP and VSP applicant to be qualified to apply for Korea University Global KU Study Abroad Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be an international student and be regarded as a SEP or VSP student.
- Be enrolled in an acknowledged institution outside of Korea, in a country that is recognized by the Korean government, as of December 1, 2004.
- Have completed, or about to complete at least one year of study at their home universities at the time of applying.
- Have an overall weighted average of at least 75% at their home institutions.
- Have obtained a successful admission for SEP or VSP at Korea University.
- Be fluent in either English or Korean.
To travel to Korea as an international student, you will be required to possess a D-2 Visa (Korea Students Visa) except you are from EU nations, United States or specific nations that are allowed to travel without visa for a period of time.
It is issued to international students travelling to Korea for the purpose of study and educational research in academic institutions, enrolling for a full time undergraduate or postgraduate program. The students will be allowed to stay up two years. In other to apply for a D-2 Visa, the student will need to follow these steps;
- Apply for admission in the institution of your choice in Korea and be sure you have received a conditional or unconditional offer to study in the school.
- The applicant must apply for the Visa at the Korean embassy in their home country or in the country where their previous school is situated.
- The applicant will be required to wait for up to two weeks before the Visa is due.
- The applicant can also apply for a right to work in Korea for six months after studies.
You will also be required to have and submit the following documents during the visa application
- Visa application form (form #34),
- Photocopy of passport, one standard size photograph,
- Visa fee
- Photocopy of Business Registration Certificate (or distinct number certificate) of a respective education institution
- Standard Acceptance Letter (issued by the dean/president of the university)
- Documents proving your family relations (Only when your parent’s certificate of balance is submitted.)
In the case of international student who are going on SEP (Student Exchange Program) or VSP (Visiting Students Program), specific documents will be required from the applicant during the visa application procedures
- Documents proving your living expenses (considering that the tuition is paid in the country of origin)
- Recommendation letter issued by the head of your university in your country
- Documents proving that you are an exchange student (official letter from the inviting university, student exchange agreement between universities)
- Documents proving that you have completed at least one semester (proof of enrolment issued by your university in your country)
The deadline for Korea University Global KU Study Abroad Scholarship is January 30, 2019. Application procedure for Korea University Global KU Study Abroad Scholarship, 2019 is quite easy to follow. However, the applicant must adhere strictly to it in order not to be disqualified.
- All documents must be written and provided in English. Please attach translations in English if the document is in any other language.
- Documents submitted with the application will not be returned to the applicant.
- Academic reference MUST be sent directly to the Office of International Affairs from instructors.
You are free to use the comment section to get in touch with us, and don’t forget to add your mail and if possible your mobile number for us to help you out with all the necessary updates in time or subscribe to our blog.